You can control how much salt and spice is in your sausage. Here's how.
- Sausages! This method works well for "farmers sausage" and other sausages that are going to be fried then served to accompany something else.
- A frying pan (preferably cast iron or heavy)
- A fork
- Place your frozen sausages in the frying pan and just cover with water.
- Place on stove and heat to boiling over fairly high heat
- The longer you boil your sausages, the more salt comes out. So just bring your sausages to a boil the first time you try this, see how that works for you.
- Lower heat slighty, drain and proceded to fry sausages turning occasionally with the fork.
- You can poke holes in your sausages as they fry to let fat run out if you like. Watch for squirts.